1. PhysiotherapyPhysiotherapy is one of the most preferred methods of treating back pain among individuals nowadays. The benefit of consulting physiotherapist to treat back pain problem is that he will first conduct a comprehensive assessment to figure out what is causing the problem and will start the treatment accordingly to manage the problem successfully. You can also go for Home exercise program that many physiotherapists suggest to restore the muscle strength and to improve the normal range of motions.
2. Maintain good body posturesYour body postures, play a very important role when it comes to maintaining your health and fitness. A poor body posture does not only make you suffer from back and neck pain, but it can also cause you severe issues like spinal curvature, sore muscles, blood vessel constriction, Nerve constriction and many more. So always maintain good body posture, especially while doing your daily chores. Stand tall and sit straight as much as you can to prevent back pain problem.
3. Try Cold and heat compressHeat and Ice packs are also one of the most recommended methods of treating back pain nowadays as it is easy to do and is a natural way to get rid of the problem. It relieves almost all types of back pains and provide instant relief from the inflammation as well. Many people prefer ice pack over heat packs, but you can use anyone of your choice. You can apply the ice or heat pack for 20-25 minutes a day. If pain persists, apply it several times in a day.
4. Take enough restDue to stressful and busy life, we get so much occupied with work that we hardly get any time to take rest, which is one of the reasons why we get back pain so often. So always make sure that you take enough rest as ceasing activities for some time helps injured tissues and nerve roots to heal which in turn provide us relief from the back pain issues. Taking the ample amount of rest will also help your body and mind to stay calm and relaxed.
5. Exercise regularlyIt is a well known fact that those who exercise regularly are less likely to suffer from health problems. In fact, exercise is one such method that can save you from back pain problems. Start with stretching and strengthening and do it regularly. You can even start with low impact aerobic exercise that includes walking which is the best way to prevent lower back problems. Walking helps to bring oxygen to the soft tissues present in the back that promotes healing.
6. Try Water AerobicsWater aerobics is the best form of exercise that lessens back pain and strengthens the core using the water as resistance. Exercising in water is also a great way to help your body stay fit and active. Another reason why exercising in water prevents lower back is that it provide support to the spine and relieves pain.
7. Lose WeightWith the growing number of people becoming obese, it has now become the need of the hour to pay attention to our weight problems. Another major problem associated with weight gain is that more your weight is, the more pressure it will put on your legs and back. So make sure you lose some pounds if you are overweight to prevent the recurrences of back pain.
8. Say No to NicotineSmoking is not only dangerous for your lungs, but it can leave a very bad impact on your back too. Consumption of Nicotine contracts your blood vessels and decrease the flow of blood to the soft tissues. So avoid anything that contains Nicotine for a healthy body and mind.