1. Plan a preconception visit with a gynecologistThe doctor can examine both you and your partner and ask one or both to undergo certain medical tests. In the case of any health complexities, the doctor may prescribe vaccines. Some of the vital tests may include a blood test and urinalysis. If you suffer from any sexually transmitted disease, your doctor may suggest appropriate medications or treatments. If you or your partner has any medical history of the genetic or hereditary disease, your doctor will take note of that point. With a pre-planned visit, couples can plan a baby easily.
2. Avoid taking nonprescription medicationsA woman thinking of taking her steps toward motherhood should stop using non-prescribed medications. Some of the strong drugs to avoid are:
3. Avoid stressStress can interfere with the conception process and can lead to various health complexities. Stress affects the basic functioning of the internal glands of the body, especially the hypothalamus. It is the brain gland that connects with each other to control human emotions. It regulates the hormones that help release ovules from the ovaries. Excessive stress can alter the ovulation cycle, and you may lose your opportunity to conceive.
4. Consume folic acidThe consumption of folic acid supplements is good for women who wish to conceive. Consuming 400 micrograms of folic acid tablets once a day for at least a month before planning to conceive. It can reduce the chances of neural tube defects. The consumption of folic acid prevents birth defects of the children and the improvement of their mental health.
5. Avoid caffeineProducts with caffeine such as coffee or chocolates can adversely affect the ability to conceive. Coffee consumption has links to infertility in women. It reduces the production of hormones in the woman's body, which can lead to infertility. It is safe to consume between 200 and 300 milligrams of caffeine a day when trying to conceive. If you are a coffee lover, limit your consumption rate and instead include herbal tea or green tea in your diet. Before you buy any Product with caffeine, read labels carefully.
6. Avoid alcohol and smokingAlcohol contains harmful chemicals that can induce infertility in women. Most doctors recommend avoiding alcohol if you are going to have a baby. Similarly, smoking reduces the number of sperm and causes infertility in the male.
7. Adopt a healthy dietIf you are trying to conceive, it is important to take note of your diet. To increase chances for positive pregnancy, include some vital foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, dairy products and fortified cereals or cereals in your diet. Be sure to include enough liquid in your daily diet regime.
8. Consume iodine based productsIt would be impossible to get an adequate amount of dietary iodine alone. In such cases, you may have to consume iodine supplements. Oral supplements should be around 150 mcg daily. If you have any thyroid problems, consult your doctor and Take the medications of necessity.
9. Talk to your momA woman's best friend is always the mother. Her mother is the only person who can guide her through pregnancy. Before planning a baby, have a healthy conversation with your beloved mother. You can also share your experiences and let her know, which can be beneficial to your health.
10. Reduce Environmental RisksTo eliminate all kinds of environmental hazards, try to lead a healthy life. If you travel on heavily polluted roads, wear a mask.